Tuesday, May 29, 2012

retreating

Eh.
Bleh.
Blah.
Wahhh.

That. Is. How. I. Feel. Today.

I seriously think I need to take a few days and just retreat from anything and everything.

I am never the type to need "me" time, but I am thinking that it would be beneficial for me mentally, emotionally, and probably beneficial for the people around me.

Lately I have felt like I get stressed out wayyyy too easily and I am NOT a fan of stress.

It makes me feel even more restless than I already am at night.
I don't sleep well (not that I sleep well in general).
It takes a huge toll on my body.
My neck and shoulders get extremely tight and full of tension, I lose my appetite, I have a constant knot in my stomach or lump in my throat, I legitimately lose my voice because of how uptight I feel...pretty much my body takes a huge hit when I feel stressed.

And honestly, I haven't felt stressed out like this for a while now and I feel as if it's taking away from me being able to simply enjoy the life I have been blessed with and the new opportunities that are coming my way.

It's draining me of my happy-self.
I reminds me of my past and how I would let simple little things get to me and stress me out, and it would cause rifts in my relationships with those closest to me.
It made me negative towards people and things.
It made me extremely unhappy and I in no way ever want to go back to that.

With that being said, today I came to the realization that I need to simply retreat, refocus, and disconnect for a day or two...possibly three.

I need to disconnect from everything...
family
people
the internet
my phone

and pour my focus into God and His word.
I need to re-charge in a way.

I feel like I have been going, going, going for the past few months and not really taking any time to truly decompress and make sure I feel balanced...and now with a lot of the stressful situations that probably aren't as big of a deal as I feel that they are, are making me feel even more stressed out than they probably would if I was rested and balanced.

 So only good and a "well-balanced happy Ali" can come from my little retreat.

Let's pray I truly follow thru with my little "retreat."

 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

- Philippians 4:6-7









No comments:

Post a Comment