Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas with the McGhie's


























Merry Merry Christmas!! This Christmas I was blessed to be able to spend some much needed time with my entire family. My oldest sister drove down from Reno and then her, my other sister and I drove up Friday to pick up my Grandma from Utah to bring her down for Christmas. Once we had the entire family together we went to Christmas service for our Church Friday night. Service was awesome as usual and it was so awesome to witness people coming to Christ that night. Christmas Eve was filled with my step mom and I running around to meet with some clients, and then we stopped at most likely the ONLY garage sale going on in town. ha ha Then we headed home to prep some food that we were bringing over for Christmas Eve dinner at my step grandma's house. We had such a fun time at dinner.
We ate delicious food ranging from sushi, collard greens, to turkey. (I know definitely a WIDE variety) Dinner was filled with so much laughter and then we all gathered to do our yearly tradition of the "Jesus Sock" which is pretty much where we read our old New Years resolutions from the year before and then we write down new ones and put them in the "Jesus Sock." It's so fun to hear what everyone wrote and to see what goals each person has accomplished. I was proud that I actually completed almost all of my resolutions from last year. ::high five::
Then after we did the Jesus Sock, we of course sang lots of karaoke. Lots of loud, off key singing and of course dancing. We of course ended the night with all of us singing "We Are Family."

After dinner we all headed home to decorate stockings, I decorated my stocking by putting the entire family on my stocking and with each name I put a symbol for something that reminds me of them. Then I of course waited to wrap my gifts all LAST minute, I was up until 3am, and then we all woke up at 9ish to open gifts. No Christmas at the McGhie's would be complete with out either mimosa's or baileys and coffee. YUM! Makes opening gifts that much better. :)

This years gifts were extra special. My sisters and I received the best gifts we will ever receive in our life. 4 years ago our mom passed away and when we had to pack up her house and go through all of her belongings we of course had to go through her clothes. We had set aside our favorite pieces of her clothes that brought back memories for us and we had planned to figure out something to do with her clothes so that we could all have a piece of them to remember her by. Little did we know that our dad, our step mom, and our grandma had been trying to find someone who could take our mom's clothes and turn them into quilts for us for the past few years. This year they finally found a wonderful woman who will forever be an angel to me and my sisters. My grandma found her through her hair stylist and she made all of our quilts in just 3 weeks. My sisters and I had absolutely no idea that they had these made for us, so when they had us open our gifts at the same time let's just say we were quite the mess. Tears immediately filled my eyes and I felt so overwhelmed. These quilts will last forever and my sisters and I will now always have a beautiful piece of our momma with us that we can cuddle up tight into and remember all of the good times from our child hood.

To say that this Christmas was just wonderful doesn't quite do it justice. This Christmas was an absolute blessing. I am so blessed to have the family that I have, and to be able to be loved the way I am with them. I wouldn't trade my life for the world. I am so thankful that my Jesus blessed me into this beautiful family with such God loving people. He truly does create miracles, and my family and the love we share is a perfect example of God's miracles. <3

I hope you all had such a beautiful and blessed Christmas<3

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17


No comments:

Post a Comment