Wednesday, January 4, 2012


Today is the type of day that I just feel kind of blah.

It probably doesn't help that I got little to no sleep last night. I was unable to go to sleep early because my mind was racing with thoughts, and when I finally did fall asleep I kept waking up almost every hour or 30 minutes because I was having a bizarre dream that was scary yet completely unrealistic.


So all day I have felt this knot in my stomach and I've just felt exhausted. When I feel like this it's easy for my emotions to get the best of me. It's so much easier for my sadness to kick in and take over my whole day, leaving me feeling alone and just full of tears.

I am not a fan of this feeling at all. I wish I could banish this feeling away.
I feel worn out from feeling like this, I feel worn out from crying. I feel like I cried enough in 2011 to last me a good year or two, but so far 2012 doesn't agree.

I have been fighting with myself all day trying to pull myself out of this funk that has taken over, but it is as if it's impossible to bring me out of it. I keep trying to think of happy thoughts and things that I am thankful for, but this crappy no good feeling is pretty strong today and it's just not having it with my good happy thoughts. Definitely not making my life easy.

So like always I looked up some scriptures to read to myself to remind me that I am not alone.

Hopefully the more I read them over and over today the quicker this crappy funk will go away.
Here's to hoping.

Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. ” - Wrapping this verse extra tight around me so that I always am reminded of His love.


Psalm 23
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever. ” (NKJV)


1 Peter 5:7 “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (NLT)


Psalm 142: 1- 2, 3a, 4-5
“With my voice I cry out to the LORD; with my voice I plead for mercy to the LORD. I pour out my complaint before him; I tell my trouble before him. When my spirit faints within me, you know my way!

Look to the right and see: there is none who takes notice of me; no refuge remains to me; no one cares for my soul. I cry to you, O LORD; I say, “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” ” (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment