Wednesday, January 18, 2012

work in progress

To love means loving the unlovable.
To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.
Faith means believing the unbelievable.
Hope means hoping when everything seems
Hopeless.

-G.K. Chesterton

I'm working on fully forgiving others & myself. Like truly forgiving them.
Not just saying, hey I forgive you, and then still holding on to the pain and harm they have caused me.

I think if every one was able to truly forgive those who have hurt them or damaged them, and able to forgive themselves for mistakes they've made, then a lot more people would be able to find happiness.
Whether it's happiness with in themselves or with others.

It is something that is going to take time, but I know with God's help I can do anything.

As it states in Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

My absolute favorite though is this sweet passage:

Psalm 103:8-12 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.



No comments:

Post a Comment