Tuesday, October 11, 2011

broken bird



"When you called from the pay phone, you were a baby doll.
said i couldn't tear you up easy, as weak as you were and as strong as I was,
you think I'm strong girl, I think you're wrong girl,
it's not easy to give you away, still you call.
just to say, just to say you were broken."

You knew when you met me that I was a razor blade. In these halls of bad memories, I’ll do what it takes just to cut ‘em all loose. ‘Cause that’s where I found you, that’s where I found you, two rockets just straight for the moon, where I will meet you soon. I could tell you were broken, stranded in motion. You were broken, you were a broken bird. And you asked me for the world, all I gave you was a fallen sky. Yeah, you asked me for the world, but all you needed was a place to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment