Sunday, October 9, 2011

thankful

Today as I was driving home from meeting with a client, I started thinking about how down and broken I have been feeling lately, and then I started to think of all the things that I am thankful for in my life, versus all the negative that has brought me down in spirit recently.

Here is my list of thankfulness:

I am thankful for my family
I am thankful for my growing relationship with my Jesus
I am thankful for my Gram Cracker.
I am thankful for the example of what type of woman I want to be she has set for me.
I am thankful for my wonderful pups
I am thankful for every person in my life who supports and loves me
I am thankful for all the friends I have that I didn't know truly cared for me
I am thankful for my true best friend Carrie
I am thankful for cool fall days like today
I am thankful for the sunlight that falls upon my face while I drive
I am thankful for the constant flow of work that comes my way
I am thankful for all of my clients
I am thankful for my health
I am thankful for all the people who have come in and out of my life, whether it was good or bad
I am thankful for all the experiences I have had in my short time on earth, whether they were good or bad
I am thankful for my car, and that even though it's old and sometimes falling a part, it still gets me to and from where I need to go
I am thankful for my job
I am thankful for my ability to afford school
I am thankful for my church
I am thankful for coffee
I am thankful for my comfy bed that I get to sleep in every night
I am thankful for hugs, especially from my daddy
I am thankful for every blessing, whether it's big or small, that God has blessed me with
I am thankful for the time I did have with my momma, even though I wish I had her here longer, I am still thankful for the time God did allow me to have her in my life and for all that she taught me, good and bad, and for how wonderful of an example she was as a mother, even though she made mistakes.
I am thankful for all the good memories with her.
I am thankful for the love that she had for my sisters and I.
I am thankful for the childhood memories that her and my dad gave our family.
I am thankful for how special she made every holiday or birthday.
I am thankful for every laugh or giggle I have and continue to experience.
I am thankful for every smile I experience.
I am thankful for every tear I have shed, even though at the time I am hurting or sad, with out any of those tears I wouldn't be or have learned from any of it.
I am thankful for every heart ache I have endured, as painful as they were and currently are, I know that there is always something to learn from them all.
I am thankful for what ever plan God has for me.
I am thankful for every breathe I take.
I am thankful for music, it brings my soul alive.
I am thankful for my education.
I am thankful for everything in my life.

I am so thankful for my God. He has a plan for me, and I may not understand it at times, but I know and trust in the end that everything will be okay. I know that God will wrap his arms around me and hold me tight through all my trials, just like he is doing so right now. I may still have times where I feel utterly alone, but there is always the comfort of knowing that as alone as I may be and feel at times, God is always by my side, holding my hand and preparing me for my future.

Jesus is so good, he knows what he is doing, and most importantly I am so thankful to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment