Monday, October 3, 2011

so long weekend


This weekend was definitely a busy one. Saturday I was attempting to sleep in until at least 10am because I was out the night before with my sister and we were out late. (Not common for me to go out) So when we got home Friday night I made sure to set my alarm for 10am-ish but I didn't have anything I had to do until 3:30 that afternoon, so I was all for sleeping late. Well Saturday morning I was woken up to my phone ringing at 7:30am. I was so exhausted that it took me a minute to realize when I answered that it was my sweet little gram cracker. She was calling to check on me and see how I have been doing.

::my relationship of 5 & 1/2 years ended out of no where and I was pretty much blind sided...so I've been having a difficult time, especially because I don't really know what happened.::

Anyway my gram cracker called to see how I was and of course to chit chat on the phone for a bit. After talking to her for about 45 minutes she had to go so we hung up. I laid my head back down to try and fall back asleep...and I was unsuccessful at doing so. I ended up getting up and going in to my sisters room to see what she was up to. We ended up laying in bed for the rest of the morning laughing and making jokes while watching T.V. and then muting the T.V. to listen to our neighbors fight. The most bizarre commercials kept coming on. We would watch them and just laugh hysterically. We laughed to the point that our sides hurt. I love that kind of laughter.

We finally decided to get out of bed and get ready for the day around 11. We went to visit our step mom and then on our way back to our apartment we stopped by the grocery store so I could pick up some props for an engagement session I had that afternoon. We also grabbed some coffee since we were both completely exhausted. Even though we were super tired it was such a good morning. We don't get a lot of one on one sister time, so it was very enjoyable.

By the time we got home I had to pack up my gear and props and change to go to my shoot. I photographed a good friend of mine's engagement photos Saturday. They turned out absolutely stunning and all the props I used and how I set it up turned out exactly how I wanted them to.

some of the props I used during the shoot

this is a shot from the engagement shoot I did, you can see it in full by clicking here

After I wrapped up my shoot I got home and was ready to call it a day when I got a phone call from my dad asking me if I could help him and my step mom go pick up a piece of furniture and move it out of someone's house so that they could take it to their house.
Instead of taking a shower after my shoot, which I definitely needed from laying in the grass to get the perfect shot and it being 100 degrees out I was due for a shower, but instead I just threw on some old clothes and headed out to move some furniture.

I have a lot of bruises that have popped up in the past day. You would think that I had been in a fight or abused because of all the bruises I have and how big some of them are.

Anyway after we moved the furniture we got back to my dads house and we sat in the front living room talking and relaxing while we listened to some classical music. It was very relaxing and so nice to just sit around and talk as a family. I love family time like that.

Sunday aka: Today was pretty busy too. I woke up early, got ready for church and to meet a client afterwards to discuss a wedding and I quickly headed out. I was running behind for church and I am not a fan of walking in late to service and having to shimmy past people that have to get up to let me in so I can sit at the seat my dad saved for me. So instead I went to the church coffee shop and picked up my book for the 30 day "Torn" series we are doing as a church and then I grabbed a coffee to wake me up. I sat and talked with a friend while I waited for service to end and then I met up with my dad and step mom to sit and enjoy our coffee for a bit.
headed to church


Once it got close to noon I had to run to go meet a client, but my client ended up spacing our appointment so we had to reschedule. It was a bummer but it also allowed me to go home and study for my midterm that I had to take today before midnight. So I got home and started studying. I kept getting distracted from studying by either music, emails, or Facebook. haha I am not very good at studying. Finally I decided to just take my midterm because I couldn't keep my attention long enough to study. I finished my midterm online in 1hr and 30 mins. I didn't think that it would take that long but there were 8 questions and I had to explain different terms and then give examples of each. Overall though I think I did really well, but I won't know until I go to class on Wednesday.

After I finished my midterm I went over to my dads for dinner. It was so nice to sit down as a family (minus my sisters not being there) and eat dinner and talk with out the T.V. being on. After dinner we went and sat in the front living room again and listened to smooth jazz and then some old school Mariah Carey (I LOVE her old albums...such as her Butterfly album)

I hung out for a bit at my dads and then I finally headed home and I've been answering e-mails, trying to read, listening to music, and editing some photos ever since.

Now I am up late because I feel restless. I know in the morning I will be regretting having been up late and I will be wishing that I could sleep in. Maybe I'll be able to fall asleep early tomorrow night ::doubt it:: All I know is I will definitely be needing coffee to function tomorrow. :)

editing & iTunes

And hey, there is always next weekend to sleep in and possibly relax....but most likely I will find things to keep me busy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment