Sunday, November 6, 2011

day trip to utah via pictures

Decided when I woke up this morning, (more like afternoon since I didn't wake up until noon...sheesh), that I was going to take the day and drive up to Utah to see my Gram Cracker for a few hours and then come back home.

I seriously LOVE random trips up to see her, especially when it's a surprise and she has no idea. The look on her face when she sees me at her front door is priceless and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

She is such a special and important person in my life. I would do anything for her. She has such a sweet soul and I am so blessed to be lucky enough to have her as my Grandma. Love her oodles and oodles of noodles. :)

Anyway here is my trip via photos and I hopefully can get the videos I took uploaded into this.


Off to my wonderful Gram Cracker's I go


hi ho hi ho it's off to gram cracker's I go.
Just outside Vegas, loved the rain.


"The Back Road"
(my absolute favorite part of the drive)


stopped to pick flowers on the back road



flower power :)

almost to Gram Cracker's house



my grandma refers to this as "Our" mountain, it's her favorite view from her house and mine too


finally made it to gram crackers house, now time to surprise her



Grams reaction to me coming up, priceless :)


she was so excited I was there, that is her excited face :)


going through old photos and we came across an old family portrait of my family...made me miss my mom a lot. But I know she is always with me. <3


my grandma gave me this because she knows it's my favorite
(she's the best)


the drive back was pitch black

Mama and my song :)


Perfect for the drive home


Hello Vegas

Home


Today couldn't have been more perfect!
The weather was perfect, I LOVE the rain.
I got to spend some much needed "me" time on my drive.
I sang my heart out to my favorite music, especially on the way back.
(I pulled out some OLD school Nsync)
I got to spend some much needed time with my most favorite woman in the world.
I got to lay around on her couch and laugh and talk with her.
Then after a few hours I unfortunately had to leave and head home. :(
But I am so thankful that I have the ability to drive up just a few hours from Vegas to Utah to see my sweet grandma and come back in the same day.
I love that drive, and I love my gram cracker time.

Today was the perfect Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment