Tuesday, November 22, 2011

dear god

Dear God,

I do my best to not ask for much for myself when I pray. Instead I pray for my family,for my friends and people they know, for people I've possibly only met once or a few times, and for people I don't even know. I do my best to pray for others before I pray for myself.
When it comes to praying for myself, all I usually ask of you my sweet Jesus is that you show me what path you want me to go down, and what it is you want for me in my life.

Tonight though I would like to ask for something...

Lord, I pray that when you think the time is right and when you think I am at a place in my life where I am on the path you want, I ask Lord that you bless me with a man that won't break my heart. I pray that you bless me with a man who truly loves me and who would never purposely deceive me. I pray that you bless me with a man who loves you Lord more than he loves me. I pray that you bless me with a man who values you just as much as I value you. I pray that you bless me with a man who is sweet and who communicates with me when there are issues, instead of shutting down and shutting me out. I pray Lord that he loves my family and that he realizes how important my family is to me. I pray Lord that he can make me laugh. I pray Lord that he won't make me cry, at least not on purpose. I pray Lord that he falls in love with my grandma and realizes how much she means to me. I pray Lord that he respects and loves my father. I pray Lord that he makes me feel safe and comforts me when I feel down. I pray Lord that he will know that he wants to marry me. I pray Lord that he will love some of the same things I love Lord. I pray Lord that he will want to go to church with me and that he won't want me to go alone. I pray Lord that no distance will be too far for him to drive for me. I pray Lord that he will love me always and forever. I pray Lord that he will always protect me and never hurt me.

My fear though Lord...is that...that man...doesn't exist.

But what I do know Lord...is that YOU know all things, and I believe that you know the path I am headed down, and you know what is down that path. I believe that even though right now I feel as if their isn't any one out there for me, and part of me feels like I am not meant to have anyone love me...I believe that you have some one for me in my life, and maybe right now isn't the time for them to enter my life yet.

I do know Lord that you answer prayers on your time and when you think it is right.
Not when we as humans think it's right. I need to just learn patience, which will be a challenge because as you know Lord...I am not so patient.

But I do know Lord that you bless people in their lives. I believe that you will bless me with a God loving man some day. I know this because I've witnessed it through a sweet girl that I don't know personally but that I met through blogging.

Her name is Amber Beck, and through reading her blog and reading her story of how she met her husband, it has instilled in me that even though I feel as if Good Men don't exist...her story is a perfect example that they do exist. Her husband is a perfect example that there are good God loving men out there. Their love and relationship with one another is such a good example of how a husband and wife should be, and just how a relationship should be as well.
I feel as if you my sweet Jesus led me to read her story in order to answer my questions of, "Do good men exist? Am I suppose to be alone?" The answer is no. You Lord will bless me with the man you want me to be with when you feel the time is right.

I just need to trust and put my whole heart in to you Lord. I love you Lord.

In Jesus name Amen.

<3 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

4 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to let you know how much I relate to this. You are such a beautiful woman and I feel like I know you just by reading these words. I am at the same place in life as you. Broken, but in the arms of Jesus.

    Thank you for teaching me ways I can pray for the man I still deeply love. Thank you for reminding me I am not alone and that my hurt is reasonable. Thank you for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet girl you touched me on a night that I needed this the most. I am sorry that you are in the same place as me...it's definitely not easy at all and I feel like I don't know what to expect each day. But I do know that each day God loves me, you, and every soul on this earth with out fail. His love for us never changes. That brings me comfort knowing that God's love for me never fluctuates.

    It makes me happy to know I've helped you in some way, especially thru a tough trial in life. I will keep you in my prayers and I will pray for God to hold you extra tight these days. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You! are so kind. I'm praying that right along with you. Some lucky man is going to love you so hard and recieve your love so hard in return some day it will be the most beautiful thing.
    Hang in there pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Your story truly has helped me, especially when ever I start to feel cynical about love or as if I don't want to get married, I remind myself about your story and I think about the cute things I've read or seen that your sweet husband does for you and how happy you both are and that in itself makes me feel hopeful again. Even though I don't know you very well, being able to witness parts of your marriage and your life makes me so happy and filled with hope. I just want to say Thank You!

    ReplyDelete