Saturday, November 12, 2011

future mission...

A few days ago I came across a blog of a Christian woman missionary. I read a few of her posts and felt as if God was tugging at my heart to read more. As I continued to read on I noticed at the top of the page there was a headline box that said: We Make Missions Possible, Join us in 2012.

I again felt God tugging on my heart to click the link. So I did.

I was then brought to a website called Adventure in Missions. I went and read what they were about and the more I read the more I started to feel this fire in me start to burn. I want to experience what these people experience...I want to minister to people who don't know God...I want to worship with them.
The more I read the more I yearned to want to be a part of all of this. I then found the types of missions offered, the different lengths of time you can go on one, the countries you can go to, the specific mission you will be given. I specifically was drawn to the mission to be accomplished in Thailand. They go to Thailand and focus on the women snared in prostitution. They listen to the women's stories and they share God with them.

I looked at the different lengths of time you would be on your mission and the option is either 9 days or 11 months. 11 months!! How selfless of an act and what an awesome growth experience one would have.

After looking at the website for over an hour I went back to work...but ever since all I have thought about is that woman's blog and the missions being offered. I truly think I have a deep desire to go on a mission...I've never even thought of ever going on a mission.
I currently have nothing tying me down...nothing holding me back...so why not?
I talked with my dad about it and I told him I was pretty sure I wanted to do it but that I would need to take the next semester off so I could save up, plus I'd leave for my mission while school was still in session so I'd miss final exams. As we talked he told me how it would be an awesome experience and he suggested I pray about it to God. He told me to ask God what it is he wants me to do. So that is exactly what I will be praying ever single night. I know God will show me what it is he wants for me in my life. I'm excited to see what God has in store for me in the next few months.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment