Tuesday, November 8, 2011

seeking strength

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.


Oh how I need to repeat this verse to myself all day today.

Today my sister got some news that has our entire family worrying and stressed out.
It hasn't fully sunk in for me, but it's peaked out through out the day.
One minute I am normal, the next my eyes are welling up with tears.

Today I need to truly TRUST in the Lord.
I need to place all of my trust, all of my worries, all of my fears into him.
It's so much easier said than actually done.
I need to not stress, not fear, not worry.
I have no control of what is going to happen.
All I can do is pray.

Pray, Pray, Pray

Earlier I found myself feeling as if maybe if I had prayed more things would be different.
I asked myself...Did I not pray enough? Did I not believe in my prayer enough?
I know that that is not the case.
I know that God heard my prayers...he just possibly has a different plan in mind.
Time will only tell, but I will continue to pray my prayer for my sister.

I need to be strong for my sister, and hope for the best.
A good friend of mine said that to me when I told them I was scared.
That's all I've heard in my head since.
When I feel like crying or I feel stressed and fearful...I just hear in my head:
"Hope for the best."
It is truly all I can do.
All I can do is hope for the best for my sister.
and I will hope for the absolute very best.
and
I will repeat that verse to myself over and over while we get through this.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Ali - wow. I'm sorry things have been tough lately. Crazy tough it seems.

    Know that God can work wonders with the smallest bit of faith - just keep seeking Him. Even when you feel like you have nothing left to say, simply "be" with Him. He'll hold you even in the silence.

    I'm praying for you and your sister.
    Sending love!
    <3

    - J

    ReplyDelete