Friday, November 4, 2011

show me what i'm looking for

Lately I have been finding it a lot easier to express how I'm feeling through different songs that I hear or listen to daily. Tonight is no different. The song below perfectly pertains to how I've been feeling lately.
Last night I picked up my Bible to find something that would uplift my spirit because lately I have been feeling extremely negative and down. I didn't know exactly what I was going to read in the Bible last night, I just randomly decided that I was going to look in Proverbs and I read proverbs based on what the date is of the current day. So I checked my phone and it was 1 am on November 3rd. So I went to open my Bible to Proverbs 3 and I literally opened directly to that page.
Now I do not know the Bible well enough to know exactly where Proverbs is and so I was astonished by that, but little did I know God was speaking directly to me last night. I looked at the title of Proverbs 3 and it is titled:
Trusting in the Lord
I sat back and started laughing to myself because lately I have been allowing negative thoughts over power my mind and I truly haven't been putting any trust in to my sweet Jesus like I know I should. But wait, it gets better, as I started to read Proverbs 3 I saw verse 5-6, it stated:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

I set my Bible down and out loud said, "Well Lord, you have my attention."

I never use to recognize how God would speak to me. I always thought that when people said that God spoke to them that they meant they actually heard him speaking to them in their heads.
I use to feel like maybe I wasn't a true believer, but I realized that I just wasn't opening up my heart and eyes to see and allow God to speak to me. The more I open my heart to my Jesus, the more he speaks to me daily. I hate to admit it but I have been shutting my sweet Jesus out the past few weeks.
I have been feeling so weak from all the negative thoughts that I have let over take my mind that I just felt like giving up. I felt like giving in to this being my life and that I was just going to be miserable and depressed. I didn't feel like I had the strength to battle the negative thoughts and the depression I've been feeling, and I was just about to let it completely take me and swallow me whole. But yesterday while I talked with my dad I came to realize and finally admit that I hadn't been reaching out and trusting in God like I had a few weeks ago. I knew that I needed to change that. I needed to get back to truly putting all of my faith in God and NOT depending on trying to fix everything on my own.
I am not strong enough to battle the depression I feel at times or the negative thoughts I hear, BUT my sweet beloved God IS.
Through Him I can accomplish and do anything.

How powerful is that? It's extremely overwhelming for me, especially because I have felt so helpless these past few weeks. I have felt so alone. Tears well up in my eyes when I say that simple line to myself...

Through Him I can accomplish and do anything.


God is so amazing, he is beautiful, magnificent, he is my sweet savior.


With that I will leave you with a song that I was listening to while I was editing tonight.
It brings me back to their concert that I attended and how this song in particular moves me to this day.





CAROLINA LIAR:
SHOW ME WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR


Wait, I'm wrong
Should have done better than this
Please, I'll be strong
I'm finding it hard to resist
So show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh lord

Don't let go
I've wanted this far too long
Mistakes become regrets
I've learned to love abuse
Please show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh lord

Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Just save me from being confused
Wait, I'm wrong
I can't do better than this
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh lord

No comments:

Post a Comment